So, I have been working more in my yard this spring. Enjoying the air, the sun, the mosquitoes. I am blessed to have a home with a nice sprinkler system. Unfortunately, a pipe in one of the zones has been broken for a while. Just a year or two. It only took me a few months to notice it (one of the draw backs of only running the system at night.) I have just shut that zone off for the last year or so, it was just the side of the house. What does it need water for?
This evening while mowing the yard, I decided that I have waited long enough to for the pipe to repair itself. I got out my newly acquired shovel and started to dig. I soon discovered the problem, a junction of the pipe had broken. Now what to do.....
I got in my truck and headed down to my friendly neighborhood hardware store (Lowe's) and was quickly directed to the plumbing section. I walked around there with a confused look on my face looking for the components that I thought that I needed. An employee finally took pity on me and assisted me with the items that I was not able to locate. I soon checked out, got in my truck and drive off to the next parking place and got back out and headed into the store again. I had forgotten one crucial component. Armed with that last piece of the puzzle I headed back to the house to finish my project.
I was able cut out the broken section and glue in the new pieces and when the glue had dried and I was impressed with the results. I had repaired my own sprinklers, I even turned them on to test and there was no leaks! I am good! :) Now, I can't wait for my next project. It will probably involve some tool that I don't have and with require several trips to the hardware store. Oh, well. Just the joys of owning a home!



Nice work I'm impressed, now onto your next big project. Hmm...I think that laying tile in MY house the weekend before Memorial Day would be a great next step. What do you think? Love ya Trav
ReplyDeleteNicely done! It gives you a sense of accomplisment when you finish a big project like that!
ReplyDeleteHa! Next project is fixing the doorbell button on the front of the house.....
ReplyDelete